November 1, 2023
As we start this season of gratitude, I am thankful to be part of a such a dynamic learning community – a community that appreciates advanced academics and a spirit of teamwork and collaboration. Here, at BASIS Independent McLean (BIM), each student, faculty member, and administrator strives to be an EPIC Hawk.
EPIC stands for empathy, perseverance, integrity and curiosity. And, I am thankful to be part of a community that values these character traits.
I also want to thank you for taking the time to learn more about BIM. I hope that our stories of learning and fun have inspired your family to join us. And, with only 15 days until the Early Admissions application deadline, now is the time to take that first step towards joining us next year.
The Early Admissions application deadline of November 15 is quickly approaching! Remember that this is just the deadline for submitting the application. You still have until December 1 to complete the application and receive your child’s decision on December 7. However, with the holidays right around the corner, we know that your to-do list is growing. With just a little planning ahead, you can submit your child’s application today and make the Early Admissions deadline!
Here are some tips for chipping away on your child’s application checklist:
- Don’t wait! Request your child’s transcripts and teacher recommendations:
- December 1 is the deadline for completing your child’s application, but it’s best to submit your requests for these items early. Giving your child’s current school and teachers extra time to submit these items will make the entire process less stressful.
- Note: For grades 1 and above, we need teacher recommendations from the Math and English teacher(s) and transcripts for this year and the previous two years (if applicable).
- Don’t try to do it all at once! Break down the application into manageable parts:
- Log in and start the application. You can complete just a bit and save as you go. That 10-minute window before your next Zoom call could get you halfway through the application.
- Submit your child’s application early! Submitting your application early gives us time to help with questions prior to the deadline. Plus, it allows you to start scheduling any remaining application pieces through our application portal.
- Select a date and time for your child’s Family Meeting/Interview. This is an important part of the application. Here, we learn about your child’s interests and hobbies, as well as your family’s educational philosophy and goals.
- Schedule your child’s Entrance Exam. If your child is applying to grades 2 and above, they need to complete a BIM Entrance Exam.
- Students in grades 2 and 3 take a one-on-one exam with a member of team via Zoom. Once you submit your application, a member of our team will contact you to help set-up a date and time.
- For students applying to grades 4 and above, we offer the exam virtually once a week. We are also offering the Entrance Exam in-person on Saturday, November 18. Space is limited for this on-campus exam date.
Once you’re done, it is time to take a few days to relax and recharge! Please remember that our team is here to help you throughout the process. We look forward to receiving your application, and we hope that your family finds many ways to celebrate this season of gratitude!
P.S. Haven’t attended an informational event yet? Join us virtually on Friday, November 17 or in-person on Saturday, November 18 for an Information Session to learn more about BIM!