So there has been a slight change in my research. Instead of researching the disparities among acute alcohol cirrhosis and alcoholic hepatitis, I will be researching the disparities among different demographics of people who have Lupus. The research is still conducted similarly, but the Lupus patients require kidney transplants (as opposed to liver transplants). The independent research I have done on the ethics in liver transplants is similar to kidney, but not exact, meaning I need to redo some background information.
This week, I used STATA and uploaded the data set for lupus patients. Mainly, I ran t-tests and chi-square tests on African American recipients and non-African American recipients. I had to rename some variables and make adjustments to the commands because the variable list that STATA was using wasn’t exact. Once all the data was processed, I filled out an excel spreadsheet with the outputs so that I could filter out what information was actually necessary for the study. Lastly, I interpreted the results. For the results under a 0.05 p-value, I was able to write the number actually meant.
I made some good progress this week–excited for next week!