There was a bit of problem with some of the statistical analysis I did so I had to spend some time fixing the mistake. Due to some miscommunication, my interpretation of the data was incorrect because I had mismatched the variables. Nothing too major–I just had to spend a few hours going back through the data outputs, ensuring the commands were correct, and then properly filling out the table.
The data was for patients with Lupus. I ran chi-square tests, t-tests, and basic stat analysis to look at the differences in Male vs. Female patients and African American vs. Non-African American patients. I looked at the donor characteristics (race, bmi, age, diabetes, etc.) as well as the patient characteristics.
For the rest of this week, I will be doing cox regression analysis. This is helpful because the data was collected over a period of time and this analysis will take into account some of the limitations of this data. Mainly, if the study period (the time over which the data was collected) cuts the success time of the transplant short, this will predict and ensure that the data isn’t being misleading/portrayed incorrectly.