Week 7: Website Progress
Hello everyone, welcome back to the ongoing process of building a website for Identity Science! The website definitely has been a work in progress as while I have made significant progress, I do keep facing obstacles. This week, I met up with my advisor and found out the finalized details of the website, as my external advisor decided to change the official colors and logo of Identity Science. The new background color of the website is a teal shade, which is what I used to build the base of my site, with orange, white, and purple to create a cohesive look. Additionally, most paragraph text on the website will be in the font Roboto Mono and headers will be in Verdana Pro Condensed. I changed all the text on the website to these fonts after downloading them from the internet as these fonts were unavailable on Wix.
In my meeting with my advisor, he told me I had a lot of creative control over the method by which I design the website. He wants me to come up with creative phrases or a “story” for his website to catch the customer’s eye. For instance, for the home page in a large font, I decided to put the words “Unlock the Power of Privacy” as it is eye-catching and draws attention to the website. I plan to use next week to come up with more creative ways to phrase his company’s story and organize information on the website in a way in customers can understand.
I also played around with special features on the website, including animations. I decided I want the logo to slide in when customers open the website. Additionally, all the title fonts have a shadow to help them stand out. On the main home page, I decided I want the menu bar and the request demo button. I also want a quick company description and am still looking for ways to convey the information and make sure it isn’t in paragraph form. I also started the “How It Works Page”, but am still brainstorming methods in which I will put the information on the website. Next week, I hope to finalize the main information of the website and be nearly done so I can begin working on my overall digital media marketing report as well as start applying search engine optimization.