Welcome back to my blog! This week, I took an NMR of the acetate analog of dexamethasone I made last week to see its structure. Unfortunately, there was a lot of acetic anhydride still so I may have to redo the reaction. However, I also started a Mitsunobu reaction to create a benzoate ester analog of dexamethasone and a Dess-martin oxidation reaction to oxidize the secondary alcohol at C-11 into a ketone. These reactions are yet to be finished and elucidated by NMR. I have also split my cells again to prevent them from getting too confluent and crowded, and will prepare them for gene expression analysis next week.